Ministry of Health reviews Covid-19 public health measures with effect from September 8 |07 September 2021
As Seychelles continues to experience community transmission of Covid-19 and following assessments done based on the current situation, the following measures are being revised with effect from tomorrow Wednesday September 8:
• Sporting activities may resume. There shall not be any spectators at training and matches. All activities to be conducted under strict SOPs.
• Casinos and bars may open until 10pm.
• Religious sacraments and rites may be conducted under approved SOPs.
• Meetings of fewer than 30 persons may be conducted under the venue’s SOP.
• Meetings of more than 30 persons are subject to PHA approval.
Measures to remain
• Shops close at 7pm.
• No mixing of household.
• Wearing of face mask remains compulsory as per regulations.
• No mass gathering indoors and outdoors, including mass sports, fun days and fancy fairs.
• Movement restriction from 11pm to 4am.
• Funerals are not to be attended by more than 25 persons.
• Discotheques are to remain closed.
Update on Covid-19 cases, related deaths reach 108
In its update on the Covid-19 situation issued yesterday, the Ministry of Health noted that community transmission is persisting as all districts continue to report cases. The 7-day moving average remains around 50. Three Covid-19 related deaths which happened in September have been reported, bringing the total to 108.
There are currently 435 active cases on Mahé, seven on Praslin, five on La Digue and one on the Other Islands while the number of people who have recovered stands at 19,767.
The Public Health Authority is again urging the public to remain extra vigilant and to strictly adhere to public health measures such as proper wearing of masks, physical distancing, among others to prevent a surge in new number of cases.
Press release from the Ministry of Health