Revision of public health measures |02 June 2021
Inner islands subject to more stringent measures
The Ministry of Health has issued a revised public health measures effective as of yesterday, June 1, 2021.
Due to the present surge of cases on Praslin and La Digue, the current measures lay strong emphasis on three in particular: These are (i) closure of schools on Praslin and La Digue with immediate effect, except for students writing international examinations this year; (ii) the public are advised to avoid all non-essential travel between islands; and (iii) tourism establishments on Praslin and La Digue should temporarily suspend bookings and stay for all resident clients from Mahé.
The full list of measures are as follows:
1. Phased reopening of schools on Mahé;
2. Closure of schools on Praslin and La Digue with immediate effect, except for students writing international examinations this year (in view of an increase in cases on Praslin and La Digue);
3. No mixing of households; prohibition of all inter-household gatherings;
4. Earlier closure time for bars and casinos at 7pm will remain in effect. All SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to be strictly observed and reinforced;
5. Closure of all shops by 7pm;
6. Cancellation of all commemoration gatherings (wedding receptions, anniversaries, graduation etc.);
7. Cancellation of all shows, group sporting activities;
8. Cancellation of all conferences and meetings;
9. Reinforcement of all measures in shops, restaurants and food outlets, gyms, spas;
10. Stricter enforcement of PH orders – gathering restrictions, facemasks wearing, isolation, etc;
11. No gathering of more than 4 persons indoors or outdoors, including on beaches and public places, unless it is for work purposes;
12. Quarantining all contacts for 14 days, except those working in essential services;
13. Isolation of households where there is a positive case with enforcement and necessary support mechanism;
14. Work from home as much as possible, especially for non-critical services;
15. The public are advised to avoid all non-essential travel between islands;
16. Tourism establishments on Praslin and La Digue should temporarily suspend bookings and stay for all resident clients from Mahé.
These measures will be reviewed in two weeks.
Press release from the Ministry of Health