Athletics: Cross-country series – race 1 |18 December 2020
25 runners on the starting line
The Roche Caïman fitness trail on Saturday welcomed 25 runners who took part in the first races of the cross-country series hosted by the Seychelles Athletics Federation.
Divided into six categories, the inaugural race in a series of three catered for male and female runners in the under-16, under-18, under-20, over-20 and over-40 age groups.
On Saturday, girls and boys under-16 years old covered 2km or one lap of the trail, while boys and girls in the under-18 group ran 4km.
Three laps of the trail or 6km was the distance covered by the female athletes in the under-20 years old category, while the male competitors in the same age group covered 8km or four laps of the trail ‒ the same distance covered by the Masters (men over 40 years old).
The longest distance was covered by runners in the men over-20 years old category who ran 10km, or five laps of the fitness trail.
The complete results of the first races of the cross-country series
Girl Under-16 – 2km (1 lap)
- Amirah Lespoir – Arsu (9:03.5)
- Adalia Rachel – Arsu (9:55.3)
- Elysa Boniface – Arsu (1:01.8)
- Allana Magnan – Arsu (10:06.6)
- Tamirah Lespoir – Arsu (10:50.1)
- Christy Sauzier – Arsu (11:38.8)
- Ishma Monthy – Arsu (12:14.7)
- Leah Dogley – Port Glaud Shooting Star (12:46.3)
- Liah Desaubin – Arsu (12:46.3)
- Trya Jean – Arsu (12:55.7)
- Shangitta Nagarajan – Arsu (13:26.9)
Boys under-16 2km (1 lap)
- Neil Azemia – Port Glaud Shooting Star (7.12.3)
- Kim Mathiot – Port Glaud Shooting Star (7:34.4)
- Gilson Rosine – Arsu (7:54.9)
- Michael Robinson – Arsu (7:55.5)
- Jerryson Dogley – Port Glaud Shooting Star (7:59.6)
- Pharrel Barbe – Arsu (8:58.7)
Girls under-18 – 4km (2 laps)
- Blessing Cupidon – Arsu (22:30.1)
Boys under-18 – 4km (2 laps)
- Shaquille Francourt – Top Racers (14:22.9)
- Gavin Soubana – Arsu (17:06.3)
Men under-20 – 8km (4 laps)
- Shaun Magman – Top Racers (31:03.9)
- Calvin Morel – Persévérance Arrow (32 :54.3)
Men over-20 – 10km (5 laps)
- Yannick Magnan – Top Racers (33:01.4)
- Andrew Florentin – Top Racers (37:27.4)
- Gareth Estico – Inner Island (43:28.5)