Danny Faure Foundation launches first essay writing contest for post-secondary students |07 June 2023
The Danny Faure Foundation (DFF) has announced its first essay writing competition for
post-secondary students in commemoration of the fifth anniversary of the ‘First Descent: Seychelles’ – the first deep-sea expedition that was carried out by Nekton in 2019 in partnership with the Government of Seychelles and its partners.
The essay writing competition was launched on June 1, 2023.
Post-secondary students are invited to showcase their literacy and writing skills through an essay focusing on the theme ‘The Beating Blue Heart’.
The star prize of the competition is an educational stay on Desroches island (one of the locations of the expedition). The first and second runners-up will receive cash prizes.
The guidelines for the competition are as follows:
Age-range: Open to all post-secondary students.
Essays submitted must be original and not previously used in other school related activities or competitions.
Essay writing style: no restrictions.
- Word limit: 2000 – 2500 words.
- Essays that are less than the indicated length will be considered as non-submissions.
- Quotations and footnotes are excluded from the word count.
Spelling and grammar: British spelling.
- Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Quotations need to be indicated to ensure fairness and add academic integrity to one’s work.
Images: Any use of images must be appropriately credited. Failure to do so will result in loss of marks.
- Font: Times New Roman/ size 12.
- All pages should be numbered.
- Essays should be submitted in pdf format.
Students should indicate the following details on the last page of their essay:
- name and surname
- residential address
- name and contact number of parent/ guardian
- school address
Submission deadline: essays should be emailed to email@example.com latest December 15, 2023, by 3pm.
Announcement of Results: March 15, 2024.
Press release from The Danny Faure Foundation